The Sigma 05 sensor hub represents the central element of the E+E modular sensor ecosystem with intelligent probes, analogue outputs and display. With pluggable, interchangeable probes, the modular sensor platform is suitable even for harsh and challenging environment.
Flexibility: Multiple Probes and Measurands
The Sigma 05 accommodates up to 3 E+E sensing probes with RS485 interface and Modbus RTU protocol. Up to 5 measurands can be assigned to the two freely selectable and scaleable analogue outputs and to the optional graphic display.
Sigma 05 features automatic detection of E+E probes and performs an autonomous, rule based hub setup. Refer to the user manual for details.
Configuration and Adjustment
The free PCS10 Product Configuration Software allows for easy setup of the Sigma 05, measurand assignment and thresholds, display layout, scaling of the analogue outputs and adjustment of the connected probes.
Available Sensing Probes for Sigma 05
EE072 - Humidity and Temperature Probe
EE074 - Temperature Probe
EE671 - HVAC Air Velocity Probe
EE680 - Air Velocity and Temperature Sensor for Laminar Flow
EE872 - Modular Probe for CO₂, Humidity, Temperature and Ambient Pressure
HTP501 - Digital Humidity and Temperature Probe
MOP301 - Insertion Moisture in Oil Probe with Modbus RTU
A functional and accuracy check of the Sigma 05 can be performed with the E+E Reference Probe Modbus RTU instead of the regular sensing probes. The reference probe supplies fixed values for a wide choice of measurands and features an individual certificate. Refer to the Reference Probe Modbus RTU Quick Guide for further details.
- Plug and play with out of the box E+E Modbus probes
- Accommodates up to 3 E+E Modbus Probes
- Handles up to 5 physical quantities simultaneously (2 on the outputs, 3 on the display)
- Status information on the display and via LEDs on the electronics board
- IP65 / NEMA 4 enclosure
- User configurable alarm indication on the display
- M12 probe connection, direct onto Sigma 05 or via M12 cables
- USB service interface and free product configuration software
- MAX. NUMBER OF SENSINGS PROBES
- MAX. NUMBER OF MEASURANDS (* 2 ON THE ANALOGUE OUTPUTS / 3 ON THE DISPLAY)
- PROBE INTERFACE
- Modbus RTU
- ANALOG OUTPUTS
- 0 - 1 V / 2.5 V / 5 V / 10 V
0 / 4 - 20 mA (3-wire)
- ACCURACY OF ANALOGUE OUTPUTS AT 20 °C (68 °F) (*FS = FULL SCALE)
- 0.02 % FS for 0 - 10 V and 0 - 20 mA
- PROTECTION RATING
- IP65 / NEMA 4